Sunday 25 August 2013

OST Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper + Lyrics


OST Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper :
1.      Free by Julie Stevens (Erika) & Melissa Lyons (Anneliese)
2.      How Can I Refuse? by Martin Short (Preminger)
3.      Written in Your Heart (opening) by Julie Stevens (Erika)
4.      I Am a Girl Like You by Julie Stevens (Erika) & Melissa Lyons (Anneliese)
5.      To Be a Princess by Alessandro Juliani (Julian) & Julie Stevens (Erika)
6.      The Cat's Meow by Julie Stevens (Erika)
7.      If You Love Me for Me by Julie Stevens (Erika) & Mark Luna (Dominick)
8.      Written in Your Heart by Julie Stevens (Erika) & Melissa Lyons (Anneliese)
9.      I'm on My Way by Sara Niemietz


Free
By : Julie Stevens (Erika) & Melissa Lyons (Anneliese)

Man (spoken):
Oh, we're late, late, late
We have twenty, maximum twenty-two minutes for your royal fitting
And then it's move, move, move to your speech at the Historical Society
After that we have to rush, and I mean rush to the Horticultural Society Tea
And then there's your Math lesson, your Geography lessons, your Science lessons
Anneliese:
All my life I've always wanted
To have one day just for me
Nothing to do and for once nowhere I need to be
With no lessons, lords, or lunches
Or to-do list in the way
No one to say when to eat or read or leave or stay
That would be the day
Erika:
All my life I've always wanted
To have one day for myself
Not waking up with a pile of work on every shelf
With no hems in need of pressing
And no sleeves in disarray
No wedding gown with a thousand stitches to crochet
And no debt to pay
Bertie (spoken): Madame Carp
Madame Carp (spoken): What do you think I'm running here, a cabaret?
Erika (spoken): I would have said a debtor's prison
Madame Carp (spoken): Keep laughing, you'll be working for me for another 37 years
Erika (spoken): But I've already paid off more than half
Madame Carp (spoken): But there's an interest, isn't there,
Your parents should have thought of that before they borrowed so much
Erika (spoken): They did it to feed me
Madame Carp (spoken): Their mistake
Erika:
What would it be like to be
Anneliese:
What would it be like to be
Free
Erika:
Free
Anneliese:
Free to try crazy things
Erika:
Free from endless IOU's
Anneliese:
Free to fly
Erika:
Free to sing
Anneliese:
And marry whom I choose
Queen Genevieve (spoken): I'm so sorry my darling,
But as you know it is vital you marry King Dominic
It is the only way to take care of our people
Anneliese (spoken): I know, it's my duty
Queen Genevieve (spoken): Aw! And look! Another engagement gift!
Anneliese:
You would think that I'm so lucky
That I have so many things
I'm realizing that every present comes with strings
Erika:
Though I know I have so little
My determination's strong
People will gather around the world to hear my song
Bertie:
Can I come along?
Anneliese:
Now I fear I'll never be
Erika:
Soon I will forever be
Both:
Free
I close my eyes and feel myself fly a thousand miles away
I could take flight but would it be right
My conscience tells me stay
Anneliese:
I'll remain forever royal
Erika:
I'll repay my parent's debt
Both:
Duty means doing the things your heart may well regret
Anneliese:
But I'll never stop believing
Erika:
She can never stop my schemes
Both:
There's more to living than gloves and gowns and threads and seams
In my dreams I'll be free


I Am A Girl Like You
By : Julie Stevens (Erika) & Melissa Lyons (Anneliese)

Anneliese (speaking): I'm savoring my first and last Taste of freedom before getting married next week. Erika (speaking): At least, you're not an indentured servant. Anneliese (speaking): Indentured servant? Erika- If I'd like to have my breakfast hot Madame Carp will make me pay, And I have to fetch the eggs myself And the barn's a mile away. It's cold and wet But still I get an omelette on my plate, But in my head I'm back in bed Snuggled up and sleeping late.

Anneliese (speaking): Really?
Erika (speaking): Really. But it's all right.
I mean, I'm used to it. And you?
Anneliese (speaking): Well...
Erika (speaking): Well?
Anneliese-
If I want some eggs I ring the bell
And the maid comes running in,
And she serves them on a silver tray
And she brings a cookie tin.
And while I eat, she rubs my feet
And strolling minstrels play,
But I'd rather be in my library
Reading science books all day.
Erika-
I'm just like you
Anneliese (speaking): (you are?)
Erika-
You're just like me
There's somewhere else we'd rather be
Somewhere that's ours
Somewhere that dreams come true
Yes I am a girl like you.
You'd never think that it was so
But now I've met you and I know,
It's plain as day
Sure as the sky is blue
I am a girl like you.

Anneliese (speaking): So, you're a singer?
Erika (speaking): No, I work at Madame Carp's penitentiary.
Uh, I mean, Dress Emporium.
Anneliese (speaking): I love Madame Carp's dresses!
Erika (speaking): I made the one you're wearing.
Anneliese (speaking): You made this? The design looks so complicated!
Erika (speaking): Oh, it isn't really.
(Sings)-
First I choose a fabric from the rack
And I pin the pattern down,
And I stitch it in the front and back
And it turns into a gown!
Anneliese-
I wear my gown
Without my crown
And dance around my room
Both-
And imagine life without the strife
Of an unfamiliar groom.

Anneliese (speaking): But I'd never let my mother know.
I wouldn't want to disappoint her.
Erika (speaking): I completely understand.
Anneliese-
I'm just like you
Erika-
(I think that's true)
Anneliese-
You're just like me
Erika-
(Yes I can see)
Both-
We take responsibility
Anneliese-
We carry through
Erika-
(We carry through)
Both-
Do what we need to go.
Yes I am a girl like you.
Anneliese-
I'm just like you
Erika-
(I'm just like you)
Anneliese-
You're just like me
Erika-
(You're just like me)
Both-
It's something anyone can see
Anneliese-
A heart that beats
Erika-
(A heart that beats)
Both-
A voice that speaks the truth
Yes I am a girl like you.



To Be A Princess
By : Alessandro Juliani (Julian) & Julie Stevens (Erika)

Julian (spoken):
Now remember,
No nagging, bragging, sweating, fretting, slipping, tripping,
Slurping, burping, twittering or frittering allowed.
Stay Present, stay pleasant, stay proud.

Julian:
To be a princess is to know which spoon to use
To be a princess is to own a thousand pairs of shoes
To maintain a regal gait
Leave the parsley on your plate and be charming but detached and yet amused
To be a princess is to never be confused

Do a plié and never fall
Don't ever stray from protocol
All through the day
There's just one way you must behave
Do keep a grip and never crack
Stiff upper lip and arch the back
Bend from above and always wear your gloves and wave

Shoulders back and tummy in and pinky out and lift the chin and
Slowly turn the head from side to side

Erika:
I see now

Julian:
Breathing gently, Stepping lightly
Smile brightly, Nod politely
Never show a thing you feel inside
Glide!

To be a princess is to always look your best
To be a princess is to never get to rest
Sit for a portrait, never squirm
Sleep on a mattress extra firm
Speak and be clever
Never at a loss for words
Curtsy to every count and lord
Learn how to play the harpsichord
Sing lullabies and always harmonize in thirds

Both:
Thirds, thirds

Julian:
And she has beautiful eyes
Your spirits rise when she walks in the room

ERIKA:
I see

Julian:
Doors close and the chemistry grows
She's like a rose, that's forever in bloom

Julian & (Erika):
Do a plié and don't (Ever ever ever fall)
Never show dismay (And be there when people call)
Be prepared whatever royal life will bring
Do keep a grip and don't (Ever ever ever crack)
Take a dainty sip (Never ever turn your back)
There's a time and place and way for everything

To be a princess is to never make your bed
To be a princess is to always use your head




The Cat’s Meow
By : Julie Stevens (Erika)

What's wrong Wofie, are you sick
Something in your throat?
Wait a Minute are you trying to meow?
Ah Fella
I can see it when you're feeling low
You can't hide that from me
You're no status quo calico
So why keep trying to be?
'Cause you're more than that
You're my doggish cat
I wish you could see the you I see
I say if you bark celebrate it
Make your mark serenade it
Noah's ark should had a cat like you
And if what you are is a strange you
Doesn't mean you should change you
Only means you should change your point of view

Hey, feline
You fetch just fine to thine ownself be true
Your bow wow's the cat's meow
It's how I know you're you

You don't need the bows or tiara
Bid your woes sayonara
Trust your nose 'cause it knows the way to go
When you chase your tail
You're enchanting spirits sail
When you're panting when you wail
You're a rover, Romeo

There is not one hair of you
That I would rearrange
I love you the way you are
And that will never change
That will never change


If You Love Me For Me
By : Julie Stevens (Erika) & Mark Luna (Dominick)

Erika :
Once a lass met a lad
You're a gentle one, said she
In my heart I'd be glad
If you loved me for me
You say your love is true
And I hope that it will be
Dominick:
I'd be sure, if I knew
That you loved me for me
Erika:
Could I be the one you're seeking?
Will I be the one you choose?
Can you tell my heart is speaking?
My eyes will give you clues
Dominick:
What you see may be deceiving
Truth lies underneath the skin
Erika:
Hope will blossum by believing
Both:
The heart that lies within
Dominick:
I'll be yours
Together we shall always be as one
If you love me for me
Dominick // Erika:
I'll be yours! // Who can say where we'll go,
Together we shall always // Who can promise that we'll be
Be as one // But I'll stay by your side
Both:
If you love me for me
If you love me for me


Written in Your Heart
By : Julie Stevens (Erika) & Melissa Lyons (Anneliese)

Like a bird that flies
In the morning light
Or a butterfly in the spring
When your spirit rides
On the winds of hope
You'll find your wings

And your always free to begin again
And your always free to believe
When you find the place that your heart belongs
You'll never leave

You and I will always be
Celebrating life together
I know I have found a friend forever more

Love is like a melody
One that I will always treasure
Courage is the key that opens every door

Though you may not know where your gifts may lead
And it may not show at the start
When you live your dream
You'll find destiny
Is written in your heart

Though you may not know where your gifts may lead
And it may not show at the start
When you live your dream
You'll find destiny
Is written in your heart



I'm On My Way
By : Sara Niemietz

When I wonder where I am
When I wonder why I take these chances
I try to breathe I say to me, "believe"
And whatever comes, it's okay

Reff :
'Cause I'm on my way to somewhere better
I'm further every day I'm on my way
I know it might take until forever
But everything could change today
So I'm on my way to find that place

People say that I'm naive
'Cause I'm trusting and my heart is open
But I won't hide I'm here to find who I am
And whatever comes is what's right

Back to Reff

I'll keep dreamin' till I get there
I'll be free so goodbye to yesterday
I'm giving what it takes

'Cause I'm on my way to somewhere somewhere better
I'm on my way
It could take forever (And everything could change)
It could change today
'Cause I'm on my way, yeah… to find that place
I'm on my way


Sumber : lyricsmode.com, google image

2 comments: